Wednesday, November 22, 2006

9-14-2001

It is September 14, 2001 and America was attacked this past Tuesday, hitting New York and the Pentagon…

This whole journal seems so unimportant to me now, on the one hand, but the relevance of when we would have flown in to the USA, had we not gotten out when we did…that is something that chills me and has. Billy had made back up arrangements should we not have gotten the flight we did to get out of South Africa and they were to have flown in the night of September 10 and then take the 8:00 AM United flight out from Newark to San Francisco, what would have been Flight 93. There’s not much to be said about that, other than what I just wrote. I called Billy the morning of 9/11 when I heard the details of the flights and before I could go very far into what I thought was our back up plan, he cut me off and said something like ”..Yeah…I know, I know…I don’t even want to think about that.”. We didn’t go over it after that. Maybe we can one day in the future but not now, in this time frame.

Okay, back to the trip conclusion…
The concert on the Saturday night was successful and folks gave their life to Christ and some churches were further united and friendships were further solidified with some of the pastors and choir folks who came to sing that day. The soldiers sat on the outside of the area and listened to us, just kind of hanging out, so to speak. Pretty cool.

I'm thankful to my God for allowing me to participate and learn in this experience and for bringing us safely home when He did. Hard to fathom that.

We serve an incredible God who weeps with us and for us over the sins of our own doing and the sins of others, including those who cost the lives of thousands this past Tuesday.

Peace to you all.

wade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home