Thursday, November 23, 2006

8-19-2001

Well, this is my first installment of this “adventure”.

I'm writing from Frankfurt airport as we await possible boarding on Lufthansa to South Africa.

Smoking IS permitted in the airport...*cough*... *cough*…Absolutely nasty.

Well, our trip from SFO to Chicago was in cattle class. Very uncomfortable.
Billy sat one row in front of me and we both were given center seats...the squished class.

We watched "Driven" Sylvester Stallone's movie and it was actually pretty good. Found out my E5's will plug into the audio jack on the seat arm, however, because the E5's are so efficient, the lowest volume I could get for the airline sound, was almost too loud for me to listen to. I hadn't anticipated that. (E5's are a type of "In Ear" monitor made by Shure, similar to Walkman ear-buds, but the difference between AM radio mono and DVD digital surround sound, as far as quality and experience goes…)

Once we got to Chicago, Billy basically got us 2 Business Class seats and 2 First Class seats...Bill and I got the First Class seats. :-)
First Class from Chicago to Frankfurt is an amazing experience. Prawn appetizers, Filet Mignon for dinner and Ben and Jerry's for dessert.
I tried Cognac...bleh!
I tried Amaretto...hhhmmmm...a "sippin'" drink.

The seats turn into beds, each "suite" seat has a personal video monitor and video player, prior to the seat maneuvering into a bed, it is the most flexible Lazy Boy you could imagine, including movable lumbar support.

Okay..there was ONE slightly embarrassing moment (thank you Billy)...I had purchased McDonalds before boarding because we supposedly had plenty of time before we'd board...NOT. So I asked Billy if I should ditch the McDonalds stuff before we board, he said "nah.."...
...So...for the next hour, as we sit in the 2 VERY front seats of the 747, I hear from the stewardesses, "I know this won't taste quite like your burger, but you CAN have Filet tonight...if you want to...", "...would you like to keep your McDonalds Diet Coke you one of OUR drinks...?" At one point, I asked the stewardess to throw away my Diet, to which she holds it up in the front of the plane and announces to EVERYONE in First Class that I brought on McDonalds to fly in First Class. Billy, I hate you. Another stewardess came up and announced that I am an executive with McDonalds, of course I brought my own product on and that the other stewardess gave me free advertising.

HA!!! At least I have one friend.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

haha, thats hecka funny >.< lovin the mcdonalds story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home