Thursday, November 23, 2006

8-20-2001

11:00 PM

Our trips from Frankfurt to Johannesburg and from Johannesburg to Zambia were successful and not hindered, though we were told at both airports that it was not likely that we would get on. God had other plans. I mean, when you think about it, four of us flew stand-by from SFO to Chicago to Frankfurt to Johannesburg to Zambia with no interference or real issue and flew from Chicago to Frankfurt in First Class and Business Class. I could not fly from Vegas to SFO in cattle class via stand-by without GREAT issue and delays.

It’s hard to believe I am here on the other side of the world from you.

Billy is tucking in his bed-netting, which we all have for our beds, the kind that hangs from the ceiling and encases the bed. Kind of weird, but I guess I’ll be getting used to it.
The air here smells very different from anything I’ve known, I can’t describe it.
The frogs are LOUD and seem to croak in unison and rhythm.
It’s good to be with Billy, I take comfort in his company.
Ron and Debbie went to the Lusaka Manda Hill mall (yes, there is actually one here with a Radio Shack, no less) and he led someone to the Lord…some things never change, and this is a good thing, specifically.

We are living in the Vineyard compound, in a “better” part of town, however every house/compound has 6 – 8 foot walls of stone or brick which are topped with shards of broken glass, razor wire, barbed wire or 5 rows of electrified fencing (voltage not restrained). Our compound has the broken shards of glass adorning the crest of the wall and when I saw walls without the accoutrements, I asked Francis why not there; “Oh because the owners of those home have guns.” I guess you could say we are staying in a very “gated” community, so to speak.

Pray for us.

I look at the sound system tomorrow, the one we are supposed to have for our “mini-concerts”. I’ll know more tomorrow.

Oh yea, the main road through Zambia used to be bad condition and partially dirt but it is now completely repaved and in good shape…why? Because Muammar al-Qaddafi, is planning on coming through some time in the future and wanted a paved road, so he had it paved. He's pouring large amounts of money into the economy on behalf of the Muslims with intent of purchasing the people away from Christianity. He contributes large sums of money and gifts to non-Christian candidates.

Scary, real world scary.
More tomorrow.
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home