Thursday, November 23, 2006

8-26-2001

10:10 PM

Wow, do I miss you.
It was like my food and drink to hear your voice today.
And I felt my spirits rise when I heard Missy say “daddy”.
I want to be home with you.

Today was another very long day. Bread of Life church has three services on Sunday morning; 8:00, 9:30 and 12:00. We arrived at 9:28 and the 8:00 service was still underway…a sign of things to come. End result was that we attended a service that was supposed to be the 9:30 which started sometime around 10:30 or so and concluded about 1:15…no air conditioning, 2000 people and hardly any air circulation.

The 70 voice choir was great and have they got some moves and rhythm…I asked Pastor Friday for a video of the service and he said he will get me one. :o)

By the way, when we walked in, I noticed that they had frames welded for the speakers and hung them as I had drawn up for them and they were very pleased with the difference in sound. 2 of their speakers were in a state of repair when we originally visited and they were waiting for the horns to come in to replace the blown ones…they were in, repaired and hung where I had drawn and showed them would be good.

We left there, went back to the lodge and changed out of our very wet sweaty clothes and went back to Manda Hill mall for lunch. After lunch, we went back to the lodge to get ready for leaving to the Animal Park. We saw a fair amount of animals on the drive through the park, I have some video of them of which I will send some still frames to you to see as soon as I can get the video and do some still captures. Did you know that giraffes are MUCH taller when there’s no fence between you and them? I learned that today. There was a family of 7, including 3 very young ones. At one point on the ride, Billy and I were sitting side by side and Matt and Kenny were behind us. Matt grabbed a weed and began brush it on the back of my head like a fly or something and I handed the camera to Billy, turned around, and beat on him. This appeared to inspire Billy to do the same to Kenny, though Kenny hadn’t done anything, at least nothing I was aware of, so maybe this was in retaliation for something we didn't know he did…never mind. It just had to be done
J
(I think we scared the driver a bit…)
Matt and Kenny behaved well following this learning experience…*slight grin*

Tomorrow morning we have to be at Bread of Life at 7:00 AM, so it is going to be an ugly long day…probably up at 5-something. We play at 3 different points tomorrow in the same place, Bread of Life; 8:30, 10:30 and 5:30.

I’m too tired to continue…I love you very, very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home